The refund policy complies currently with the EU Distance Selling Directive (2000) and is part of UK law under the Consumer Protection Regulations (2000) that relate to distance selling. It applies to all UK based transactions where the consumer does not meet the vendor. These regulations do not cover contracts between businesses.
- Final day of booking is the Friday of the week prior to conference, course or event.
- Final cooling off period ends on the Friday of the conference, course or event.
Consumer rights/conference, course and event venue contracts
Following your online payment you have a 7 day cooling off period during which time you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund.
- If you request a refund outside of the 7 day cooling off period, a refund will be provided minus an administration fee of £30.00.
- Any withdrawals/cancellations outside of the final 7 day cooling off period after this date will receive no refund.
- BESS strongly advises delegates to ensure they have appropriate travel insurance cover just in case they cannot make the conference and have to withdraw.
- Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel your purchase within the 7 day cooling off period please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As described above refunds will be made directly to a Bank account nominated by you providing a sort code, account number, name on account.
If you have any queries or require further information please contact BESS office at email@example.com or by telephone 020 7269 5200.