Are you interested in contributing to the direction and development of shoulder and elbow surgery and take part in an ongoing exchange of information, knowledge and expertise?
We currently have two categories of membership available:
- Allied Health Professional (AHP)
Members will benefit from the following:
- Subscription to the BESS Shoulder & Elbow journal
- Access to an excellent preferential subscription of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (JSES)
- Reduced registration fees for our annual meeting and instructional courses
- Access to our fellowship scheme; pump priming grants; survey circulation
- Opportunity to host an annual meeting, join one of our committees or get involved in our research initiatives
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
How to become a member
Applications for membership are considered each year at the annual general meeting (AGM). Applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the day of the AGM.
In order for your application to be considered it must be supported by two current members of the society, one of whom must be in attendance at the AGM. Applications are only considered after attendance at an annual meeting.
Once your application has been approved we will write to you to confirm your membership and ask you to complete an online direct debit to cover the cost of your subscription.
2020 membership applications
Our Annual General Meeting normally takes place during our annual scientific meeting which is held at the end of June each year. Due to COVID-19 we have been unable to hold either this event or an AGM. We have instead moved to an online virtual meeting.
For this year only if you opt for our membership and registration package we will give you the members rate for your registration. Your six month membership will begin on 1 October 2020 and renew on 1 April 2021 at the full year subscription.
- Surgeon six month membership fee £110
- Allied Health Professional six month membership fee £75
Purchase your registration and membership subscription together here by choosing the non-member option and selecting the appropriate package.
You will be emailed a link to complete the membership form after registration.
Our fees are payable annually on 6 April. All UK members must pay by direct debit. International members who do not have access to a UK bank account can pay by worldpay.
The fees for 2020 are:
- Surgeon £220
- Allied Health Professional £150