Are you interested in contributing to the direction and development of shoulder and elbow surgery and take part in an ongoing exchange of information, knowledge and expertise?
We currently have six categories of membership available:
- Surgeon trainee
- Allied health professional (AHP)
- Allied health professional trainee
- Overseas membership both Surgeon and AHP (this is a non-voting membership)
- Senior membership both Surgeon and AHP (available on request, must already have been a BESS member for at least 5 years)
Members will benefit from the following:
- Subscription to the BESS Shoulder & Elbow journal
- Access to an excellent preferential subscription of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (JSES)
- Reduced registration fees for our annual meeting and instructional courses
- Access to our fellowship scheme and research initiatives including survey circulation
- Representation through stakeholder relationships
- Opportunity to host an annual meeting, join one of our committees or get involved in our research initiatives
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) (Note: Does not apply to overseas members. Overseas members are a non-voting membership)
How to become a member
In order for your application to be considered it must be supported by two current members of the society known as sponsors.
You must have attended at least one of our annual scientific meetings whether that is virtually or face to face.
Our applications are audited by our Membership Secretary and managed by our office. You can apply below.
Our fees are payable annually on 6 April. You will be asked to purchase the first year fee with your application. If your application is unsuccessful for any reason a full refund will be made to you.
The fees for 2022 are:
- Surgeon £240
- Surgeon trainee £160
- Overseas surgeon (non-voting) £160
- Allied health professional £160
- Allied health professional trainee £115
- Overseas allied health professional (non-voting) £115
- Senior membership £160 (apply via request to email@example.com)
Apply for membership
Please select the membership type required and complete the application form. You will be asked to submit your payment with this form. Membership application forms submitted without payment will not be processed.