Are you interested in contributing to the direction and development of shoulder and elbow surgery and take part in an ongoing exchange of information, knowledge and expertise?
We currently have two categories of membership available:
- Allied Health Professional (AHP)
More categories will be available soon.
Members will benefit from the following:
- Subscription to the BESS Shoulder & Elbow journal
- Access to an excellent preferential subscription of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (JSES)
- Reduced registration fees for our annual meeting and instructional courses
- Access to our fellowship scheme; pump priming grants; survey circulation
- Opportunity to host an annual meeting, join one of our committees or get involved in our research initiatives
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
How to become a member
In order for your application to be considered it must be supported by two current members of the society.
Our membership applications are changing. BESS has recently been given Charitable Incorporated Organisation status by the Charity Commission.
Council will be approving a new process to apply for membership at their meeting in February 2021. More information will be available here, after that meeting.
Our fees are payable annually on 6 April. All UK members must pay by direct debit. International members who do not have access to a UK bank account can pay by worldpay.
The fees for 2021 are:
- Surgeon £220
- Allied Health Professional £150