BESS has produced a variety of information to assist patients with shoulder or elbow conditions. These include advice and videos demonstrating exercises to help shoulder pain and elbow stiffness.
- Shoulder Pain (subacromial) Self-Help – exercises & videos
- Exercise videos for elbow stiffness
- Self-care information to assist during COVID-19
How does BESS work to improve patient care?
BESS also works closely with a variety of organisations to produce up to date guidance to assist healthcare professionals (HCPs) managing shoulder and elbow problems:
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT)
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC)
This guidance includes:
- Patient Care Pathways (PCPs)(best practice management of shoulder and elbow conditions)
- Surgical Procedure Guidelines (SPGs) (best practice in the provision and performance of shoulder and elbow surgical procedures)
- Positions Statements (urgent responses to new situations and research findings)
The BOA, BSSH and BESS have published the above patient information leaflet regarding steroid injection in the hand or upper limb during the COVID-19 pandemic. This leaflet includes some information on additional risks of injection during COVID-19, and we hope it will be helpful to both members and patients.